Bright Start is a program for university students who will become future leaders and teachers. The program provides training to develop these students’ human rights knowledge and community activism skills and gives them the resources to practice these skills in their community. United by Love is currently implementing a pilot version of Bright Start in Macedonia.
The program has three phases: the independent learning phase, the collaborative learning phase, and the action phase.
- Independent Learning Phase – During the independent learning phase, participants read through various human rights education materials and complete assignments related to that material, such as group discussion forms and community project brainstorming.
- Collective Learning Phase – The second, collective learning phase includes a five-day summit where the participants gather to receive in-person human rights education and community activism training.
- Action Phase – In the final phase, the participants work with members of the organizing team to develop and implement human rights education projects in their communities. The participants are eligible for $250 micro-grants to facilitate these projects.
To learn more about this program, please visit the Bright Start Website.
United by Love
- Independent Learning Phase: Two Months
- Collaborative Learning Phase: Five Days
- Action Phase (optional): Four Months